I have been asked a few times for a recipe (more of a method, really) of how to make the perfect steak INDOORS, now that winter is just around the corner.
1. Remove steak(s) from fridge and start bringing them to room temperature.
2. After 30 to 45 minutes, place a 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees F.
When oven reaches temperature, remove the pan and place it on a burner over high heat.
3. Coat steaks lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.
4. Immediately place steaks in the middle of the hot, dry pan. Cook 30 to 60 seconds without moving. Turn the steaks with tongs and cook another 30 to 60 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip steaks and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. (The time in the oven depends on how rare you like your steaks. The time given is for medium, but depends on number of steaks, etc. as well.)
5. Remove the steaks from the pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes.
6. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.
DRUM ROLL...AND NOW FOR THE WINNER OF MY FIRST CONTEST:
Congratulations to Heather, one of my newest followers!!! Heather is expecting her first baby, a little girl, so I am sure this gift card will come in handy!!! Heather, I will e-mail you for details by end of today...choice of gift card, address, etc.
I am working on another giveaway, so please stay tuned for more information!
Have a great day,
Jaime "Peanut's Mom"
P.S. Be sure to check out www.TopMommyBlogs.com ... Bringing Up Peanut is ranked at #11 in the Stay-At-Home Mom Category! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember to vote for us by clicking on the link at the top righthand corner (the brown box with the cartoon mom picture).
YOU CAN VOTE FOR US ONCE PER DAY!!! (Pretty please???)